Amatuer's Kitchen Presents: Spicy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
WHY HELLO THERE
Soo as you can tell by the title, I'm changing things up a bit around here and throwing in some recipes and other stuff and it'll basically be kinda like a lifestyle blog. Yea.
The first recipe I am bringing to ya'll today is SPICY FISH TACOS. Three things I love all in one recipe. Lord bless the person who decided to make this a thing.
I love fish tacos, and fish anything really, and usually make these cilantro lime fish tacos. BUT since I've been on a spicy food kick a little more than ever, I decided to spice things up and try a different recipe (wow did u see wat i did there) AND AM I GLAD THAT I DID. They were amazing. I want more. I didn't expect coleslaw and fish to be that good but it was.
The coleslaw adds a nice slightly tart, cooling flavor and crunchy texture and its basically amazing and my dad, mom, and myself all agree that it was good enough to even just eat it by itself and since both my parents agree that means it was good. Seriously. We got some food critics in our family.
Also I know I don't know how else to describe food without using the words amazing and good bc I have the vocab of a five year old but I mean whatever pft I'm surviving :P
*Amateur Chef's note: I had to make a large quantity of fish because I had to feed 5 grown adults and leave some for lunch the next day as well so I just increased everything and kinda eyeballed it. Also, for toppings, you can add some green salsa(my fave), chipotle mayo, sliced onions, sour cream, or avocados. My stomach is highly sensitive to avocados now and I cant eat them so pls eat some for me whenever you're eating them :(
Spicy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
(Serves 2)
Ingredients:
4 tilapia filets
8 corn tortillas
Seasoning:
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/4 teaspoon coriander
-1/4 teaspoon oregano
-1/4 teaspoon basil
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-dash of crushed red pepper(optional)
-2 teaspoons of salt
-1/4 cup of olive oil
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients with the olive oil.
2. Pour over tilapia, combine/stir everything together until each fish is nicely coated in spices.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the fish for about 3 minutes on each side until white and flaky.
4. Break the fish apart into small chunks or just cut each filet in half and place on warm tortillas and assemble your tacos!
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
*Cut this recipe in half to make a smaller amount for 8 tacos
Ingredients:
-1 bag of pre-prepared coleslaw cabbage mix (or slice your own cabbages and carrots)
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup mayo
-1 handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
-Juice of 3 limes
-salt to taste
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
2. Add in the cabbage and mix until well incorporated.
Recipes adapted from here and here.
All the laughter and love from my kitchen to yours,
Saba
Amatuer's Kitchen Presents: Spicy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
WHY HELLO THERE
Soo as you can tell by the title, I'm changing things up a bit around here and throwing in some recipes and other stuff and it'll basically be kinda like a lifestyle blog. Yea.
The first recipe I am bringing to ya'll today is SPICY FISH TACOS. Three things I love all in one recipe. Lord bless the person who decided to make this a thing.
I love fish tacos, and fish anything really, and usually make these cilantro lime fish tacos. BUT since I've been on a spicy food kick a little more than ever, I decided to spice things up and try a different recipe (wow did u see wat i did there) AND AM I GLAD THAT I DID. They were amazing. I want more. I didn't expect coleslaw and fish to be that good but it was.
The coleslaw adds a nice slightly tart, cooling flavor and crunchy texture and its basically amazing and my dad, mom, and myself all agree that it was good enough to even just eat it by itself and since both my parents agree that means it was good. Seriously. We got some food critics in our family.
Also I know I don't know how else to describe food without using the words amazing and good bc I have the vocab of a five year old but I mean whatever pft I'm surviving :P
*Amateur Chef's note: I had to make a large quantity of fish because I had to feed 5 grown adults and leave some for lunch the next day as well so I just increased everything and kinda eyeballed it. Also, for toppings, you can add some green salsa(my fave), chipotle mayo, sliced onions, sour cream, or avocados. My stomach is highly sensitive to avocados now and I cant eat them so pls eat some for me whenever you're eating them :(
Spicy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
(Serves 2)
Ingredients:
4 tilapia filets
8 corn tortillas
Seasoning:
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/4 teaspoon coriander
-1/4 teaspoon oregano
-1/4 teaspoon basil
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-dash of crushed red pepper(optional)
-2 teaspoons of salt
-1/4 cup of olive oil
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients with the olive oil.
2. Pour over tilapia, combine/stir everything together until each fish is nicely coated in spices.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the fish for about 3 minutes on each side until white and flaky.
4. Break the fish apart into small chunks or just cut each filet in half and place on warm tortillas and assemble your tacos!
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
*Cut this recipe in half to make a smaller amount for 8 tacos
Ingredients:
-1 bag of pre-prepared coleslaw cabbage mix (or slice your own cabbages and carrots)
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup mayo
-1 handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
-Juice of 3 limes
-salt to taste
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
2. Add in the cabbage and mix until well incorporated.
Recipes adapted from here and here.
All the laughter and love from my kitchen to yours,
Saba
No comments:
Post a Comment